Re: Manga translations

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Martin Woodard <reply@mwoody.com>
subject Re: Manga translations
date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:46:22 -0800
You might find a handful; there used to be a lot, but as I was informed a
few months back when I asked the exact same question, Dark Horse has been
cracking down on 'net translations.  Understandable, I guess, as they have
vested interest in keeping US fans from buying the Japanese versions.  But
still annoying.

At 02:59 PM 11/10/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I was wondering if there exist translations for the manga done by fans
>somewhere on the net.  I have a little bit of japanese under my belt so I
>can read 80-90% of the japanese text but have to pull out kanji dictionary
>every now and then. =P  Has fan translation been done/is being done for this
>series or has that stopped since Darkhorse comics is slowly releasing them?
>
>-Tony

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited