Re: Palmtop computers

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Jimmy McKinney <vorlon@iglou.com>
subject Re: Palmtop computers
date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 17:22:32 -0500
At 04:47 PM 11/7/2000, you wrote:
>How do you upload such stuff to the Palm Pilot?  I've never heard of
>changing the starting screen - though I'd love to see Skuld running the
>system...

Through the HotSynch Cradle that comes with it.  If you have an older model of Palm,
it might not support such a thing (I don't know ... I think all of the current models
do).  I'm glad I got one with 8 megs of RAM, though I've barely hit 2 yet (and only
then because of large software like KingKanji)

Most of this stuff is shareware.  ImagerX, in particular, doesn't really perform its
intended function before you register (which I still need to do).  If I didn't list
a specific URL for the program, you can usually find it on www.downloads.com in the
PalmOS section.

For the MIDI files, you will need a program called "Palm MIDI desktop", which is one
of the few things I had to use altavista to find.

For the samples, I grabbed an application called "WavePlayer".

For the startup screen, you will need a program called HackMaster, and a "hack"  (basically
a plugin) for it called ImagerX, which is what actually does the startup screen.

For the images, I use a program called AlbumToGo (www.clubphoto.com), which not only
does images, but can do them as a slideshow.  In color, if your palm has that.

The Manga translations use a program called iSilo Free (www.isilo.com).  The URL in
the file says the translations are at http://members.home.net/kyngchaos/  They are
for the first two volumes of the series (so far as I saw), and there are other series
on the site, I think.

I also have two handy Japanese flash card programs: Kanji Hanabi from www.neth.com,
and KingKanji from www.gakusoft.com

If you want me to send you the images or samples I've already converted (off-list),
let me know.

- Jimmy 'Gregor' McKinney
vorlon#iglou.com - 3D, Mage, Anime, Eidolon, TTA, Miscellany
http://www.skuchi.com/gregor
http://www.mapfinger.com/members/Gregor

Search field Search string

archive list