Re: [Long] Megami Movie News in Nov Issue of Anime Magazines

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from "Brian Welch" <bwelch@avana.net>
subject Re: [Long] Megami Movie News in Nov Issue of Anime Magazines
date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:41:48 -0400
Lord GrrDraxin wrote:

> [...]

But of course!

First off, let me say that I believe Kami-sama put Bell-chan up to this.  I
think that if left to her own devices, Belldandy would have found a more
peaceful way of settling things.  As it was, she believed that she was in a
race with Kami-sama who had told Belldandy he would not hesitate to strike
Urd down if Urd ever accepted her birthright.

So, what does Belldandy do? When she believes the Urn is controlling Urd,
she destroys it.  She doesn't try to reason with anyone, she just blows the
thing up.  By the way, she was also fulfilling prophecy when she did this
since the Urn was to be destroyed by a goddess of purity - probably rules
out Urd, Skuld, and Peorth.

After Midgard has destroyed the UDP (or near the end of that process) she
pronounces a eulogy of sorts and prepares to terminate both their programs.

Now, you can say that none of these characters were living, but they were
all (well, the Urn might be questionable) sentient beings and Belldandy
certainly felt she was killing Midgard and Fenrir even though they were just
programs.

Of course, the UDP survived Belldany's attempt on its life and Skuld was the
one who ultimately killed it.

And people say that Urd is violent?  ^_-

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited