Re: OT: Anime Magazine

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from mandalis@earthlink.net
subject Re: OT: Anime Magazine
date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 09:22:48 -0400
Hi

Get Afternoon if you after the latest (and I mean latest) episode of
the Manga.  Be warned though, someone else has pointed out (and I
agree) that to western eyes the series in this magazine would be
considered very 'alternate' or 'underground'.  For the most part
the AMG series is the mildest (sexual/violence referent) part of
the whole thing.  Get Newtype for info and art regarding the latest
series TV or OAV's, with a lot of gossip about Anime.  I prefer
Dragon myself (I really dig the Hyper Police episodes).

Dave M.

John Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is slightly off topic. I am interested in subscribing to an anime
> magazine, but I'm not sure of which one to get. I think most people on this
> ML mention the Afternoon, but I think once in awhile someone mentions
> NewType. There are probably many more, but which one is more preferable?
> Which one offers more content? And if you subscribe, can you tell me where I
> can order a subscription online? Thanks in advance for any info.
>
> John Lee

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited