Re: AMG OVA Questions

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "John Hummel" <jhummel@inconnect.com>
subject Re: AMG OVA Questions
date Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:20:34 -0600
I've wondered about this, and I believe the consensus was that there were
only so many stories to use (while the manga has been going along for a long
time, it would take an entire story arc to fill up an hour show.)

Personally, I would *love* to see this come true.  Direct from the Manga
(cleaned up a little bit for the kids), I'd say you'd have enough for two or
three seasons, about half-hour each week, then end it as it caught up to the
manga.  I don't know how popular AMG is in Japan, but if the desire is high
enough there's probably a market.

For the most part, I'm not getting my hopes up.  This might be one of those
things that happens 20 years from now when somebody's sitting in an office
somewhere...

Cartoon Network Executive (CNE)1:  Damn it, we're not making enough money
off of PowerPuff Girls 2020!
CNE 2:  And Gundam Wing:  The Odd Couple Years is a flop.  If we don't do
something, we'll have to start reairing the Flintstones again at 2:00 am in
the morning.  (Wait, they do that already instead of airing Tenchi
unedited...grr...)
Janitor: (standing in the corner mopping)  Heh-heh.  That Skuld.  (Starts to
tuck the comic in his back pocket as he walks away.  It falls out.)
CNE 1:  What's this?  (Picks up comic).  Hm...  Attractive women, cute girl
with robots, guy who's into motorbikes... (flips through pages) Who's this
Urd - (nose starts to bleed).
CNE 2:  I smell a hit.

John