Re: new issue of afternoon

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "Edgar Perez" <egar.ballas@codetel.net.do>
subject Re: new issue of afternoon
date Thu, 2 Sep 1999 04:21:05 -0300
This is must know for all the people that is thinking in buy Afternoon
magazine.
I has been subscribed to it through the company http://www.the-place.com for
about
two years now.

This magazine indeed have much of the series that has been famous here in
USA:
Ah! Megamisama (Oh! My Goddes) Mugen no Junin (Blade of the Inmortal),
Jiraishin (Ice Blade
that was published in Mixx Zine some time ago), Naru Taru (Shadow Star,
published in
Manga Blast), Seraphic Feather (also published in Manga Blast), and some
others that I do not
remember right now ^_^.

But is sure too that you will find some stories that all very HARD for the
people of
weak heart ^_^. There is indeed some mangas that contains very much violence
and gore
(like Inugami, that is very like to the series "Parasite" thas was published
in Mixx Zine)
and also some histories with much more madure themes, including Sex, and
Homosexual themes
-_-. I think that AMG is the "lightiest" series published in Afternoon ^_^.

But anyway you will find much pieces of art in this magazine, because this
contains a
great variety of styles and histories. My favorites series in order are:

1. Ah! Megamisama!
2. Naru Taru (Shadow Star)
3. Discommunication (Very "Weird" stuff ^_^)
4. Kami Kaze
5. Seraphic Feather (that I have to say my friends that this series have an
High contents
   of Sex of all types, mostly because the writter is Utatane Hiroyuki,
known for some
   H Animes, like "Countdown")

And finally, this magazine is REALLY BIG, roughly 800+ pages, so you can
imagine the
size and height of it ^_^. And it includes about 32+ diferent histories.

As it takes way too much space, I and some other friends of me takes the
time to SCAN
the entire magazine and store it in a very special Electronic Format that I
create
using some applications. I call it "Afternoon Electronic Edition". Each
volumes take
one full CD, because I scan it at 150 DPI for make a good impresion in case
of necesity.
And of course this is only for my personal storing, and not for sale ^_^.

Sorry for my long speech ^_^.

Edgar Perez
AnimeClub Dominicano
Seraphita's Lover