Re: Skuld Distro? (was the OT discussion that turned into a mac

to megami@ML.usagi.org
cc ryk spoor <seawasp@intranaut.com>
from Wing Wong <wwong8@calstatela.edu>
subject Re: Skuld Distro? (was the OT discussion that turned into a mac
date Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:03:35 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, G3 wrote:

> it is kind of a futuristic looking toaster... a divine looking one, but a
> toaster.  The DVD is slot loading from the top...

Yup. I dunno.. I'd still think building my own box would be more
worthwhile and more.. personal. :) But guess that has to wait. ^_^;; Darn
rent. Darn apartment hunting.

> (you know when people say bug up the @$$ I'd never thought of that kind of
> bug...)

*grins* No comment.

> Perhaps they would all just have that frost white and red
> elegant-mechanically look skuld's inventions have...  The idea of everything
> coming out of water is neat but in true Unix geek fashion it have to be more
> complicated... real time flowing water background with ethereal light
> projection effect for opening and closing items, and life like water flow
> around the area it comes out of...

Hmm... oh! How about that being the design of the case? Ie, the outside of
the cae looks like Skuld's usual mecha with the red/white and modular look
and feel. (Seems right, considering the number of wires which interconnect
computers).

<fanciful thought>
Have the entire surface of the computer case be covered with that new LEP
flexible LCD screen technology to be the display. That way, "bugs" can
really crawl all over the place. :)
</fanciful thought>

> the core is totally open... but things like Quartz and Cocoa aren't...
> unfortunately to make a good Skuld UI Quartz and QuickTime would be
> essential...

Hmm.. I'm thinking enlightenment and a few other widgets from other
libraries.. like the OpenGL extensions to XF4.0 might be able to simulate
similar effects of rippling water and light and shadow casing. But the gel
light is harder. -_-

> between my thoughts and yours the OS would be so enjoyable to watch you'd
> probably never get any work done... as for error messages i can see bugs
> popping on to screen and yelling the error message... varying bug numbers
> for the intensity of the error... 0_0
> -G3

Heh heh. True. But then again.. it'd be the perfect OS for
people. :) Pretty to look at and wonderful in concept. Squashing
bugs(runaway processes or zombie processes) can remove them from the
system and such. :)

But guess it's an interface which will require time to work on. I can
imagine an entire distro based on that as the theme and having it
sold/distributed as a Skuld Distro of Linux. :) Cool?

Okay, back to my boring work. ^_^;

Wing.

Search field Search string

archive list