Re: Jobs for the characters

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from mandalis@earthlink.net
subject Re: Jobs for the characters
date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:21:25 -0400

Wing Wong wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, John "Dark Paladin" Hummel wrote:
>
> > All the AMG sexist thing had me wondering:
> > Suppose all the characters did go out and get jobs.  What would they do?
>
> Belldandy: Housewife. Mainly because this is what she seems to want to be.
>            If I had to give a good second, I'd say a K-6 teacher. She has
>            the patience and wisdom to be a good teacher to the young
>            children. Not to mention, she seems like someone the children
>            would respect. But then again, she could be good at any job
>            that she wanted to do.
No seriously...I see hear as the perfect Help Desk type for a major
software
vendor.  Unfortunately we would never see anyone of her type working in
that
position because she would be honor bound to make good on the software
adcopy
promises, which no department manager of a large software publishing
house
would allow.

> Urd:       Leech. The relative who stays over and just consumes resources
>            without it really crossing her mind to do
>            anything. But.. assuming she does decide to get off her
>            butt to get something done, I'd have to say she'd be good for
>            any number of jobs: Chem teacher, gym teacher, aerobics
>            instructor, art teacher, pizza girl. Seriously, I find it a bit
>            hard to equate Urd with intellect. ^_^;; Could be all those
>            experiments she botches.. but could also be because of the way
>            she carries herself. Guess she'd be the typical Career Minded
>            Woman by day.. and rave partier by night.

hey I knew a systems person that acted exactly (and I mean exactly) like
her.
Funny she had white hair (not platinum blonde) that had been that way
since
she started working the conversion site (I do VSE to MVS conversions on
IBM
mainframes at the age of about 30 (according to the staff).  What was
different
was she actually knew what she was doing all the time, and when she
didn't she
would ask.  But after work, it was party..party..party.

> Skuld:     Kid Genious. Military weapons development. Physics research.
>            Ice Cream Girl. :)

Agree
> K1:        Hopefully a long life as a mechanic and drag racer. With
>            friends like the one's he's got at the club... do you really
>            see any other future for him? ^_^;; Seriously.. if he ever
>            tried anything else, I'd say he'd want to do what would make
>            him and Belldandy happy.

I think he would be more of a customizer in the mode of Carl Shelby.
But
would give up the racing part.

> Sayoko:    Model, Lawyer, or some Executive type. Can we say hostile
>            takeover? ;)
I see her more into Real Estate.

> Aoshima:   Pimp. (No, really, give him the walking stick and threads..)
>            Or Mara's whipping boy. (See below)

Same with Aoshima.

> Mara:      Disco Tech DJ, or Aerobics instructor. (Dominatrix? ^_^;)

Writing ad copy for time share properties.

> Megumi:    Prolly work with K1 on his bike and help him with the club/org.
>            Though she strikes me as the business oriented type. Prolly
>            expand into a name brand or something...

Lead engineer at a major car or motorcycle design division.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs