Re: megami ML matome okuri

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from section9@bellsouth.net
subject Re: megami ML matome okuri
date Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:37:02 -0400
--------------6BB37C327BB95CB7929A4045

ami@ML.usagi.org wrote:

> > I wonder if Bell and Kei are a little bit more bold in there relationship in
> > the movie, which brings up another point....... How do you think they'll end
> > the movie? Are they going to leave it "open ended", meaning it can be
> > continued with a TV series(which isn't likely) or are they going to have a
> > big "break-up" ending, meaning Bell goes back home and they never see each
> > other again, or is it going to end with a big wedding? So many questions, so
> > few answers.

Oh, Christ, people would never forgive Fujishima-sensei if he went with a "downer"

ending. He would not do an "End of Evangelion" on this series. It's his baby, and

he knows better than to give his fans the shaft. Hideaki Anno, on the other hand,

stopped caring a long time ago.^_^ Sam is more likely to join the Margaret
Thatcher Fan Club than Belldandy and Keiichi split up. This manga has "Big Ass
Wedding" written all over it.

> Something I've been meaning to bring up. The end of the OVA tends to be seen
> as The End. I've shown the OVA to more people than I can count, and on
> discussion in later days all tend to assume that the suBtle (with a capital
> "bus") wedding overtones to the ending meant what they thought it meant.

A lot of that has to do with K1's efforts to get Bell the ring, and the closing
soundtrack theme "Congratulations", which sort of beats one over the head with the

concept.

> Many are surprised to pick up an issue of the manga and discover that Bell
> and Kei are still further apart (at least obviously) in that than they got
> after the OVA. The assumption being that the OVA was an anime of the manga,
> that the story is the same. They're surprised that the manga is still going
> since the OVA "finished".

That's because, like so many other adaptations (such as GITS, for instance) the
anime is a hodgepodge of different episodes. However, they did do well to
introduce all the main characters and provide a short, dramatic story.

> Sam the man

Be Seeing You,

Chris

--------------6BB37C327BB95CB7929A4045