Re: More polygonal Goddesses

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "Lord GrrDraxin" <trimax@crosswinds.net>
subject Re: More polygonal Goddesses
date Sat, 4 Mar 2000 17:35:56 -0800
> From: "Demented Otaku" <demota@email.msn.com>

> Heck, I'll just post a link here for info and pics on the upcoming AMS
> arcade game.
>
> http://dreamcast.ign.com/news/15826.html

I think they would've done better if they had just stuck with the
pixel/sprite art for the characters and did the backrounds as polygons
instead, in my opinion technology in that sense has come far but not far
enough to render a full anime looking game, but still look like it was all
hand-drawn.

I know that the PS2 could do better in renditions as well as the Dramcast,
neither are really going their full potental as far as that goes though...
If these systems are as fast as they're boasting then there should be no
need to render our faverate goddesses in polygon when pixels/sprites will
look better, like an interactive anime.

When technology progresses to the point that you can write and render your
own anime in real-time then I'll be happy, at the rate we're going so far
that might be possible by 2005, but that's just my opinion, whether that'll
happen or not, I leave it up to fate.

Lord GrrDraxin, Master of the Greater Realm
My home away from home:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~trimax/

Search field Search string

archive list