Re: megami ML matome okuri

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Matt Martin <buford@sdf.lonestar.org>
subject Re: megami ML matome okuri
date Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:27:51 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 4 Mar 2000 section9@bellsouth.net wrote:

> > Or perhaps when the rare anime that DOES get shown in its original medium
> > (i.e., television) isn't butchered and bastardized like Sailor Moon has been
> > and Card Captor Sakura promises to be.
>
> See comments about DIC Sailor Moon above (hmm, no stories about the Outer
> Senshi......wonder why?...). CCS I haven't heard about, other than same Canadian
outfit
> bought the rights.

Nelvana bought the rights, and I believe it has been said that they will
release an unedited sub as well as producing a dub for TV.

And there is no real concrete evidence that they will or won't change
Sakura's name to Nikki in the dub - but with "SAKURA" written on
everything I sort of doubt it.  At least if they changed it it would be
good to pick a flower name... Sakura has some significance as her mother
was named Nadeshiko.

           Matt Martin / buford@sdf.lonestar.org
Visit the University of Richmond Japanese Anime Club home page:
           http://www.student.richmond.edu/~anime
The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and
robbers there will be.
                -- Lao Tsu

Search field Search string

archive list