Re: megami ML matome okuri

to "x-Usagi" <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "Gregor" <vorlon@iglou.com>
subject Re: megami ML matome okuri
date Fri, 3 Mar 2000 20:23:55 -0500
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jani Mkitalo" <jani.makitalo@saunalahti.fi>

>Yes, it is coming out on a DVD at last... but Im not quite sure what
>you mean by "waiting to see"... I have the entire series sitting on my
>shelf, and has been for several years. And its legal, released by
>Manga Entertainment (Manga Corps in USA, IIRC).

>Umm, but now I notice you using the word "decent"... so let me ask
>instead, is the released version (shudder) censored?

As far as I know, the only legally licensed version in the US is the old
Streamline dub (which does not qualify as "decent" in my book, both because it
is a dub, and also because it isn't an especially great example of the breed),
at least until recently.

MGM got the rights after Streamline (along with Akira and some others), and
now apparently Pioneer holds the rights, according to the article I read:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid951523378,73485,

(which does mention that the new release will be uncut and unedited, unlike
the Streamline version).

- Gregor  vorlon#iglou.com
http://anime.at/gregordyne
Anime, Amber, 3d, Mage, Eidolon, Miscellany

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs