Re: hentai (was Re: hi OLLIVER you wrote :)

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Trevor Phillips <phillips@guri.cage.curtin.edu.au>
subject Re: hentai (was Re: hi OLLIVER you wrote :)
date Tue, 3 Oct 1995 03:33:32 +0000 (EST)
On Mon, 4 Sep 1995, David E Wills wrote:

>     H    < etchi  <   hentai/sukabe
>
>  naughty < erotic < perverted deviant
>
> But this is what I've gathered. "H" being only part of "hentai" should
> logically mean "less than the full amount".

Actually, I've heard that "ecchi" is how the Japanese pronounce the
letter "H", so "H" is just a short-written form for ecchi. Hentai is a
more mild term, and can mean things other than sexual perversion. More of
a term for general strangeness, although most frequently used where sex
is an issue (eg; Ranma. ^_^)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. ^_^

--
| Trevor Phillips    --------------___