Re: Re: discrepancies...

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from "k1" <lovebell@belldandy.zzn.com>
subject Re: Re: discrepancies...
date Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:00:30 +0800
maybe for urd, peorth and belldandy they would like being in their
present ages... but i believe that given the chance, skuld would
immediately, willingly "age". she would rather be older than she is
presently, and if she can change her age voluntarily, wouldn't she
have done it long ago???

---- Begin Original Message ----

Sent: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 12:12:42 -0500
To: megami@ML.usagi.org
Subject: Re: discrepancies...

>I've always thought it kind of funny that they don't ever do it
voluntarily,
>though. =A0Urd, Skuld, and Peorth have all changed to different ages
at one
>point or another, but never voluntarily.

Well, that's true. =A0But ask yourself this: are there ever any
occassions
where their appearing to be another age would be helpful, and they
STILL
don't do it? =A0I wonder whether their unwillingness to do so is a
symptom of
disability to do so. =A0Maybe they just LIKE being their present ages!

>Happosai would probably get in one grab (Urd never seems to mind, at
least
>for the first moment or two) and then be reduced to a pile of smoked
gnome.
>I can see Urd saying "What's that you say you want? A pair of
panties?
>Fine, then." =A0<POOF!> =A0"You're a pair of panties."

hehehe...you may well be right. =A0I would personally think Urd would
take
the precautions. =A0But then, that assumes she KNOWS about Happy's
tendancies. =A0They aren't omniscient, after all...

>Given Urd's respect (or lack thereof) for the "rules," it's probably
just as
>well that she considers the wish-granting business to be beneath her.
>"Answering the phones" as she calls it.

Amen, brother.

>Maybe, maybe not. =A0If you take (as many scholars do) the ash tree
that Lif
>and Lifthrasir are hidden in at the end of the world to be Yggdrasil
or an
>offshoot thereof, then the Norns may very well survive Surt's
conflagration.
>After all, some of the gods survive.

Weeeeelll...personally I think that is a little cheap of a trick to be
believed. =A0But then, they say the best place to hide something
precious is
in plain sight, so...

>Not explicitly, but the manga certainly indicates that they live
very long
>lives - several centuries, probably millenia at the least.

Oh, no question...I assume this much in my further comments. =A0But
they have
to die some time, or the need for new megami is moot!

>Ah, and therein lies a fascinating little theory of mine.

Very interesting! =A0Look forward to reading that fanfic when you're
done.
Certainly "rebirth" would be one way to look at it - not saying that
all of
the megami being born have to be unique.

>Too bad Sam isn't here, he'd take out his cricket bat and whack my
inflated
>ego down to size! =A0Even though we hardly agree on anything, I miss
the guy -
>been too quiet lately, sniff, sniff.

Hear, here. =A0We need to organize the usagi.org test match...that
would get
him back :-)

---- End Original Message ----

"Spells like that doesn't