Re: Poll

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "Brian Welch" <bwelch@avana.net>
subject Re: Poll
date Fri, 4 Jan 1980 21:18:07 -0500
MWoody wrote:

>Well, here's a possible (if, I'm predicting, not very popular) idea:
>
>Ydraggsil, or what little we've seen of it, seems to be largely
>populated by female gods.  If Belldandy is as young as she would be in
>human years (if we assume Verthandi is a title and not her name, so she
>isn't the same goddess mentioned in Norse mythology) then she can't have
>been working for very long.  In short: it's possible Keiichi was the
>first male she ever met, other than her father (if he is even humanoid
>enough to have a gender) of any species.

Your theory isn't too strange, especially if you consider the OAVs to be
'canon'.  From the manga's point of view, though, goddesses live at least
several centuries - much more than 500 years, anyway.

>So, of course, the attraction was immediate.  And she's not the kind of
>girl to leave a guy if a better one comes along, so now she's stuck with
>'im.

Hmm, I don't see the OAV or manga Belldandy falling for the first guy she
meets.  In the manga there are definitely guys in heaven, as Urd had 2
competing for her attentions at one point.  Not the kind of thing to happen
if the ratio was like 10-to-1 female-to-male, I wouldn't think.  Then again,
Urd is certainly worth fighting over, so maybe you have a point after all...

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited