Re: Poll

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Andreas Dombrowsky <andreas.dombrowsky@uni-bielefeld.de>
subject Re: Poll
date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 07:50:08 +0100
----- Original Message -----
To: <megami@ML.usagi.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2000 7:20 AM
Subject: Re: Poll

> Well, here's a possible (if, I'm predicting, not very popular) idea:
>
> Ydraggsil, or what little we've seen of it, seems to be largely
> populated by female gods.  If Belldandy is as young as she would be in
> human years (if we assume Verthandi is a title and not her name, so she
> isn't the same goddess mentioned in Norse mythology) then she can't have
> been working for very long.  In short: it's possible Keiichi was the
> first male she ever met, other than her father (if he is even humanoid
> enough to have a gender) of any species.

Even if she *is* the same as the Norse one, we can't exclude the possibility
she never explored that particular area of life herself. That'd mean Keiichi
just struck some chord within her - a important one. And I don't think
having a gender is dependent on how humanoid someone/something is. After
all, even one-celled fungi reproduce sexually and therefore have a "gender",
although it can't be called male or female.

> So, of course, the attraction was immediate.  And she's not the kind of
> girl to leave a guy if a better one comes along, so now she's stuck with
> 'im.

I agree the attraction was immediate. However, I don't think a girl can do
much better than K1 given her interest is in his personality rather than his
looks. After all, he's kind, considerate and respectful - and he is not
constantly pushing for more (although he may think about it). Not to mention
he even resisted Urd's advances after she cast a spell on him, by the
expedient of considering Belldandy's feelings. So I wouldn't say she's
"stuck with him", and it's not likely a better one comes along considering
what's important to Belldandy.

> Hee, hee...  That should get the list back to life...

Hmmm. I don't think we want a flame-war.

> DISCLAIMER: Not necessarily my opinion, just an idea that popped into my
> twisted lil' mind.

We'd need tar and feathers without that ^_^.
        Andi

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited