Re: Anime reviews and suggestions

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject Re: Anime reviews and suggestions
date Mon, 3 Jan 2000 14:28:09 +0800
> From: Pierre <strategos@bigiron.org>
> 2. All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
> Overall Rating: C

Are you refering to the old OVA series, the new OVA series, or the TV
series ?

> 3. Sakura Wars
> Overall Rating: B
>
> I have to like this one given the character creater of course. ^_^ The
> animation is smooth and high quality throughout, but I can't give it a
> perfect rating because the mecha designs are cheesy and the story was a
> little rough on pacing. The closing music at the end is fabulous though,
> and that alone made it worth getting this dvd.

If you like the songs, you should try the Sakura Taisen Kayou Show LD/DVD,
currently up to the third showing.  They change the hand sign of the
"Geki!..
..." song this year, I still not manage to follow ^_^;;.  Looking forward to
the fourth showing next summer : Arabian Rose.

> 6. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Tape 1
> Overall Rating: B+
>
> I finally broke down and decided to start watching this. Actually a
comment
> made by a friend eliminated the last bit of resistance I had -- let me
tell
> you what he said: "It's really very good. You realize that the guys that
> made this really THOUGHT about things." Having only seen one tape, any
> comments of mine on that score wouldn't carry much weight in a court of
> reason. ^_^ But this first taste was quite intriguing and I'm looking
> forward to watching more.

Hm, I just want to know your reaction to the infamous ep.25 & 26.

> 7. El Hazard the Magificent World
> Overall rating: B
>
> I picked up this one after discovering that Inoue Kikuko had the role of
> Lune Venus. Super-unfortunately Lune Venus is a very minor role and we
> don't get to hear her much. :o(

Then you must be watching either the first or second OVA series.  Lune Venus
is a major character in the TV series.

> I actually found the ending somewhat touching, albeit abrupt.

From this statement, I think you are watching the first OVA series.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com