Re: Happy New Millenium

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from "Derek Sherman" <doppleganger@pipeline.com>
subject Re: Happy New Millenium
date Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:58:52 -5000
On 1 Jan 00, at 1:28, Sam the man wrote:

> Derek:
> >New Year? Definintely. New Millenium.... not quite.
> >
> >The Gregorian Calendar (the one used by the majority of people in the
> >US, as well as many other countries) does not have a year 0. It
> >started with year 1 (when it was created in 800 AD). Thus, the new
> >Millenium will not begin until January 1st, 2001.
>
> Ah, I believe the carefully cultivated word I am looking for right now is
> "BOLLOCKS!" The new millennium means all the damn numbers changing. Rather
> than just incrementing the units digit in the date we get to change _all
> four_. THAT signifies something important. Disagreeing just means you're

All it means is that the guy who came up with the whole calendar idea
should've put a little more consideration into it. Yo'd think those
monks would have all the time in the world to consider the
ramifications of such things, but noooooooo........   ^_^

> being disagreeable!  :o)  In fact I've purchased a cricket bat for the very
> purpose of twatting over the head the next person who dares to tell me that
> the millennium doesn't occur for another year...

Thank goodness for me I've still got a few construction hard hats
around here. Guaranteed to protect the squishy stuff between my ears
from rabid premature millenium celebrators  ^_^

Whatever the heck it is, have a happy one, people!

Derek

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited