Re: Translation

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from "Christopher Jefferson" <major_kusanagi@hotmail.com>
subject Re: Translation
date Wed, 01 Dec 1999 09:42:51 EST

>From: "Sam the man" <ngalyod@clear.net.nz>

<Darcy stuff snipped for brevity>

>Translation:  His cheap-ass Eastern European manufactured 29" TV blew up a
>day after its warrenty expired (now *that's* what I call good engineering!)
>so he's been locked in his room painting up 40k models (quite well, in
>actual fact) instead of stuck in front of the PlayStation.

Wait a minute. He doesn't have the common decency to buy a well made,
durable JAPANESE television set? Who made it? The East Germans? What does he
drive? A Trabant, perhaps? I mean, this is a guy who won't eat in an Anna
Millers in Hawaii because it's in an American state, but he will eat in an
Anna Millers in Tokyo because it's in Japan. So he won't buy Japanese when
given the choice.

That's it, Darcy. Give up all your anime stuff! Give Sam your tapes. I'll
take all of your doujins.

By the way, I should point out that Trabis are in great demand in West
Germany. Sort of a quaint relic of the Old Regime, especially when some
motorhead puts a new engine inside.

By the way, I didn't know Darcy did garage kit! I do, too. Right now I'm
working on a vinyl Urd kit. I've got a Belldandy in Dress Blues in storage
that I'll start on when I get Urd done. After that, I'll have to get either
an Iria, a Faye Valentine, or, that holy of holies (if it can be
found,...someone help me here) a Lady Eboshi in her combat outfit with the
breech loading "gun" (you know, the one she wears while her "thin red line"
rips apart a battalion of Samurai).

Someday I'll have to break down and get a Skuld kit.

>What's more he's probably turning down TWO offers of student jobs in Japan
>this summer, so everyone fill his mailbox with orders to take the
>oppertunity and head on down to the promised land!  ^_-

HOW could any sane man turn down an offer to work in Rising Sun land?
Well, I know that it drives the Japanese absolute nutters, what with the
eighteen hour days and all that. But for your average gaijin otaku, it must
be heaven.

I say again, Newcomer is nuts! But then again, I always said he's nuts. Any
guy who posts in "alt.nuke.the.usa" has to be slightly off his rocker.

Still and all, he's such a loyal Urodo follower that I just can't hold
anything against the guy. We Urd guys have to stick together, you know.
Because after all, Urd's the best. Always has been. Always will be.

>Sam the man

Be Seeing You,

Chris

Search field Search string