Re: Live action movie

from "Bas Suverkropp/Jannie Atzema" <suverkropp@zonnet.nl>
subject Re: Live action movie
date Tue, 2 Nov 1999 02:42:52 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01BF24DB.F5816940

	charset="iso-8859-1"

>>> I wonder if they EVER make an AMG live movie who
>>> could play the main characters.
>>>
>>I personally don't think that one should ever exist, because no matter
how
>>perfect the people are who play the characters, they just won't quite
fit
>>the way that they are drawn in the manga.

>Yes. Even when they can make a movie of Lord of the Rings, which surely
has
>looked different in the minds of the countless millions who've read it,
and
>have a chance of getting it right, something like AMG is literally too
>etherial to be filmable.

Was there ever any live-action movie based on a comic/manga/animation
series that was really worth watching? I can only remember such
travesties as 'Popeye','The Flintstones' and 'City Hunter'.

Now, if somebody made a life-action movi of 'Video Girl Ai' and found
sctresses cute enought to play Ai and Moemi, I think all my objections
would disappear.

Bas
Lord Chaplain of the Knight Protectors of Urd
Lowlife of the Low Lands

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01BF24DB.F5816940

Search field Search string

archive list