Re: Yggdrasil vs Nidhog

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from David Mandalis <dmmanda@attglobal.net>
subject Re: Yggdrasil vs Nidhog
date Mon, 01 Nov 1999 08:40:21 -0500
The way that virtual machines can talk to one another is timing is
shared
between them and because one machine is running a different rate there
is
some computation going on to synchronize the systems.  Now shared data
share
also a randomizer, the resean we know its shared data is the existance
of the
duplex system.  If you can control the timing or the randomizer you can
corrupt the data at will.  In this case Hild has locked her portion of
the
randomizer with an encryption that using time as part of the key, a
double
whammy leaving Peorth at her mercy.  This is different than what
happened to
URD or Skuld in that her "age" is stabilized indicating outside control
not
the drift apparent earliar in the aftermath from "Terrible Master Urd".

Dave M.

Henry J. Cobb" wrote:

> I only have one small question about the current story line.
>
> As a goddess, Peorth's age is under the control of the Yggdrasil
> system. (See the moonrock bracelet arc)
>
> So how could the Nidhog system lock her into a youthful form?
>
>         Henry J. Cobb   hcobb@slip.net          http://www.io.com/~hcobb
>     And what the BLEEP is that BLEEPING cat playing at?

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs