Re: New light on the doublet system

to dmmanda@ibm.net, megami@ML.usagi.org
from "Christopher Jefferson" <major_kusanagi@hotmail.com>
subject Re: New light on the doublet system
date Mon, 04 Oct 1999 17:53:56 EDT

>From: David Mandalis <dmmanda@ibm.net>
>To: megami@ML.usagi.org
>Subject: Re: New light on the doublet system
>Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 12:09:59 -0500
>
>Christopher Jefferson wrote:
>

> > Actually, Doublet is not that hard to understand. Remember that it is a
> > deterrent to fratricide amongst Gods and Demons. You kill one, the other
> > dies. Thus, these beings of immense power must use that power
>judiciously.
> >
> > The exceptions that confuse me? Well, Troubadour killed a godling. And
>K1
> > killed the Lord of Terror, leaving Hild to run the whole show
>downstairs.
>
>We really don't know the "godling" was killed or merely made extremely
>uncomfortable (I think Kami-sama would have a few thoughts
>about
>terminations by members of his staff without good reason) and also I recall
>Troubadour being a type of tree spirit (plum I think) not a 'god'.

Trust me. Troubadour killed him. He tried to kill K1 later on. That's what
made him dangerous. His obsessive jealousy drove him to murder. That's the
point of our disgust (well, Sam, Newcomer, and mine own) with this
character.

The
>Lord of Terror wasn't a demon but an elemental force that took on various
>personifications (by application or super-imposition) again no threat of
>Doublet retribution (also Keichii didn't terminate with prejudice Skuld
>did).

Corrections accepted. I haven't picked up DH's "Terrible Master Urd" story
arc tankouban. When I do, all will become clear.

Be Seeing You,

Chris

>Dave M.

Search field Search string