Re: New light on the doublet system

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from David Mandalis <dmmanda@ibm.net>
subject Re: New light on the doublet system
date Mon, 04 Oct 1999 12:09:59 -0500

Christopher Jefferson wrote:

> Actually, Doublet is not that hard to understand. Remember that it is a
> deterrent to fratricide amongst Gods and Demons. You kill one, the other
> dies. Thus, these beings of immense power must use that power judiciously.
>
> The exceptions that confuse me? Well, Troubadour killed a godling. And K1
> killed the Lord of Terror, leaving Hild to run the whole show downstairs.

We really don't know the "godling" was killed or merely made extremely uncomfortable
(I think Kami-sama would have a few thoughts
about
terminations by members of his staff without good reason) and also I recall
Troubadour being a type of tree spirit (plum I think) not a 'god'.  The
Lord of Terror wasn't a demon but an elemental force that took on various
personifications (by application or super-imposition) again no threat of
Doublet retribution (also Keichii didn't terminate with prejudice Skuld did).

Dave M.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited