Re: dark-skinned beauties

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from "B.P. Suverkropp" <bastiaan@hawaii.edu>
subject Re: dark-skinned beauties
date Thu, 2 Sep 1999 10:44:13 -1000
>  From: schobronics@gmx.net <schobronics@gmx.net>
>
> >Yuris wrote:
> >> To my knowledge, only dark-skinned heroine (lead female) in
> >> Japanese animation to have massive popularity was Nadia (Secret of Blue
> >> Waters). I'm not even aware of another series that featured dark skinned
> >> character as the lead female role.
> >There is mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo. She isn't really a main character but
> >quite popular amongst fans of the series. I'm quite sure there are more...
>

> For lead heroine : Rally Vicent of Gunsmith Cats, and the lead heroine
> of V Gundam (her name escape me at the moment).
>
> For secondary characters : Claudia of Macross, Soretta Orihime of
> Sakura Taisen 2, Himemiya Anji of Utena, Nana of the original Gundam,
> etc.
>
> --
> 'CuSO4' Yung
> cuso4@cuso4.com
> chyung@hknet.com

I never noticed that Rally Vincent or Soletta Orihime were dark-skinned.
I don't know much about Rally, but Soletta is italian/japanese, which
should give her a skin color that would not stand out in any way in
Japan, where ST takes place.

Now, Nadia really looks dark.

By the way, dark-skinned leads in westeren comics used to be extremely
rare too, although it's getting a bit better these days.
--
Bas P. Suverkropp
email: bastiaan@hawaii.edu

Search field Search string