Re: September Afternoon

to "Megami ML" <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "Brian Welch" <bwelch@avana.net>
subject Re: September Afternoon
date Thu, 2 Sep 1999 08:27:53 -0400
Chan Wei Lik wrote:

>> From: B.P. Suverkropp [mailto:bastiaan@hawaii.edu]
>> >
>> > "Well," Urd says, "she is my mother, after all, you know."
>>
>> Urd's mom?  Wow, that's ultra-cool!!!
>> (and it settles a lot of questions, but raises even more!)
>>
>Stephen, can you give us a description of Urd's expression when she says
>'she is my mother'? It would be very disturbing if She said it in a casual
>manner. I imagine she would be shocked at this or something.

I'm hoping that the "Urd puts on a sour face." line from Stephen was Urd's
response to the possibility of having to contact her mother.  After all,
according to Stephen's translation Urd says "this could be the first time
_I_ makes contact instead."  I'd guess that since Urd's mom has always done
the contacting (even though Urd had her phone number) that Urd has little
love for the woman.

Still, it would be great to get confirmation from THE MAN himself.  Whadaya
say, Stephen?

>After this, the matter of their father and Bell's mom had better be
resolved
>soon. Seeing that Urd's mom is the boss demon of the underworld, it has
just
>become harder to avoid suggestions that the goddesses' father is the Lord
of
>Heaven.

Ewwwwww, I see your point, here.  Even though I personally have thought
Urd's mom was the (or at least a) boss demon down there - I mean the hints
have been there since Volume 5 - I can see how this might make folks jump to
conclusions.  I agree with getting this wrapped up ASAP.

One thing for certain, though.  Even though Kami-sama is a manipulator (if
you believe he set up Belldandy to play the role she did in the "Terrible
Master Urd" incident) he'll have dropped SEVERAL pegs in my estimation if he
turns out to have consorted with Urd's mom and then left the kids to fend
for themselves, leaving Belldandy to play the role of parent.

Even though the evidence has been there for Urd's mom to be who she is, I
don't see any hints pointing to Kami-sama being the father.  Hopefully, this
father business will get LAID TO REST in this story arc.

>> Knowing Kosuke Fujishima, she will be beautiful!!
>
>In the same way that Marller was beautiful probably....

Yeah... <SHIVER>  This is something I've got to see.  Mara is scary enough.
Urd's mom ought to be... interesting.  Hopefully she'll look NOTHING like
the Hel of Norse mythology.  *hopehopepraypray*

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited