Re: [AMS] Live Action, just let it die, OK?

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "Brian Welch" <bwelch@avana.net>
subject Re: [AMS] Live Action, just let it die, OK?
date Thu, 2 Sep 1999 07:21:50 -0400
Dewa wrote:

>Yuris wrote:
>
>> Also... It seems that dark skinned characters are generally unpopular in
>> Asia. To my knowledge, only dark-skinned heroine (lead female) in
>> Japanese animation to have massive popularity was Nadia (Secret of Blue
>> Waters). I'm not even aware of another series that featured dark skinned
>> character as the lead female role.
>
>There is mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo. She isn't really a main character but
>quite popular amongst fans of the series. I'm quite sure there are more...

Urd and Pirotess (Record of Lodoss Wars) are almost dead ringers for each
other, except for the ears, of course!  Of course, Pirotess isn't exactly a
hero and nowhere near a lead role, but she's certainly way cool.

Brian W.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited