Re: cheesedoodles or cheetos?

to megami@ml.usagi.org
from Matt Martin <buford@yggdrasil.dhs.org>
subject Re: cheesedoodles or cheetos?
date Tue, 3 Aug 1999 05:24:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Tony Cha wrote:

> Anyways, I have a question.  It seems to me that the Japanese version is
> all the way up to volume #13...

Up to #18, I think.  19 will be out sooner or later...

> but from darkhorse's website, I see that they're only up to
> volume #7.  Is this true, or am I missing something here?  Have they
> always been behind like this?

Yes, and yes.  They skipped a lot of chapters at the beginning and are
still far behind.  One of the downfalls of American comic publishing, with
one chapter released every month (or sometimes two months).

And being there are more than 100 chapters, and still going, it's going to
take Dark Horse until the heat death of the universe to release all of
them.

> Third question:  I've seen couple of polls on the web on everyone's
> favorite goddess, but has there been a poll on this ML on everyone's
> favorite goddess?

There will never be a definitive answer on this subject ^_^

As for me, I'd say Belldandy in the regular manga and OAV's.  Concerning
the mini-goddess series, though, I'd go with Skuld (Belldandy really acts
like a clueless airhead whenever she makes an appearance... but it *is*
supposed to be comedy and not serious, after all).

            Matt Martin / mmartin3@richmond.edu
Visit the University of Richmond Japanese Anime Club home page:
           http://www.student.richmond.edu/~anime
In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable.
Then howcome people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
(By hasku@rost.abo.fi, Hasse Skrifvars)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited