Re: [AMS] Re: AMG fighting game

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from "B. Wizard" <black_wizard_00@yahoo.com>
subject Re: [AMS] Re: AMG fighting game
date Tue, 03 Aug 1999 15:44:19 +0900
"Wing T. Wong" wrote:

> *blinks* What exactly IS a Myers-Briggs profile exam? (If I'm not mistaken,
> aren't most psyche exams designed to find flaws or problems with people?
> ^_^;;)

More or less, yes. I had to admit, tho... That exam was frightfully
accurate (At least for me). I'll be damned if I can remember what I was,
but everything it said was correct except one thing. *sniff* Am I THAT predictable?

#1 - Characters, characters and characters - invariably. Usually, the
game with wide variety of good characters to "try to get" will be more
popular than a game that doesn't. For example, character set in Sakura
Wars - ONE of those has to click with someone. Going by the philosophy
"If you use plenty of bait, a fish HAS to bite at least one of them".
Good artwork is pretty much there to fulfill this element.

Diversity in "events" (Special dates, etc). Not necessarly diversity in
storyline itself.  They are not called dating simulation for nothing.

...and flexibility - to some degree. But really, the objective seems to
be to see who you end up with at the end of given time interval with
most diverse range of "events". You have to remember, these games are
almost like story books... The "big things" that happen are already
predetermined - you are there to make the little diversity with the
dating element.

Okay... I think I've babbled more than my share here.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs