Re: August Afternoon

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from "Wing T. Wong" <wwong8@calstatela.edu>
subject Re: August Afternoon
date Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:07:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, pierre wrote:

> Greetings Stephen-san.
>
> Wow -- Thanks! :o)
>
> I'm going to have to find out where to buy this stuff around L.A. . . .

Hi Pierre,

If you live in the LA area, why not pay a visit to Little Tokyo(aka J-Town,
Japan-Town, etc..) It's in the DownTown area of LA near the Grand Central
Station.

Yaohan(an enclosed mall-like shopping complex with a grocery/department
store) houses Asahiya Bookstore. That would be one place where you might be
able to pickup the latest manga and collected volumes. (CD's, artbooks, etc
are available also.)

Not too far away from Yaohon is Kinokuniya. Another fine bookstore catering
to the Japanese community. (Also quite a few nice places to eat. ^_^) It's
in the mall with the "Friendship Knot" and a scaled down statue of a
space-shuttle.

Umm.. sorry I don't know the street names. Since I'm not usually the one
who drives, I sleep on the way there. ^_^;;

But in LA, those are two spots. For CD's and LD's, there's Bunkado, also in
the general area around Yaohan.

Wing.

PS. {If I totally messed up the spellings of the store names, hope someone
     corrects me. ^_^;}

~~~
Wing Tang Wong
wwong8@calstatela.edu