Megami Movie (was Re: Megami Magazine #1)

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <chyung@hknet.com>
subject Megami Movie (was Re: Megami Magazine #1)
date Tue, 3 Aug 1999 00:43:31 +0800
> From: Stephen Lee <sl2001@iname.com>
>- 8(!) pages (well, 3 pages are mostly art) of a long interview with
>  Gouda Hiroaki (Director) and Matsubara Hidenori (Chief Art Director)
>  on the upcoming Megami Movie in 2000.

Slight correction : 10 pages, not 8 pages.  And, I think the
translation of Matsuhara's title should be Chief Drawing Director.

p.18 : 1 whole page color pic, the 3 goddess in their uniform.
       I have never seen this before, so probably newly drawn.
p.19 : 1 whole page color pic, same as the Afternoon one with
       Belldandy and feathers, but with different color.
p.20 : text part is the interview; picture part is small pics
       from OVA 1.  Apparently, the pic is taken from the TV
       screen, so not too sharp.
p.21 : text part is the interview; picture part contain pic of
       director Gouda Hiroaki and chief drawing director
       Matsuhara Hidenori.
p.22 : text part is the interview; picture part is small pics
       from OVA 2.
p.23 : text part is the interview; picture part is small pics
       from OVA 3.
p.24 : small pics from OVA 4 and 5.
p.25 : text part is the interview; picture part is a pic of
       Skuld and a pic of Bessho Makoto, assistant director.
p.26 : text part is the interview; picture part is pics from
       OVA and a pic of Kitajima Nobuyuki, drawing director.
p.27 : Pic of Belldandy facing the Earth and the Moon from a
       distant, same as the Afternoon one.

The interview talk about the past OVA series, and very little
about the new movie.  Both Gouda and Matsuhara are very
secretive about the new movie and only disclose some hints.

Gouda stated that 3 years ago, he planned to release the movie
in June 1999, so that he can die with the success of the movie
when the doom strike in July 1999.  ^_^;

Some scenes/characters that are going to show up in the movie :
Bike scenes, Peorth, and Chihiro.  Mara might not make the movie
due to the difficulty in drawing her hair (stated by Matsuhara).
There is no mention of Bonpei-kun's chance.

The interviewer deduced the followings from the impression he
got fron the interview :
The story will be a large scale one, involving the whole Earth;
since Gouda/Matsuhara dropped some hints about NHK, the story
might be similar to those large scale historic drama series
of NHK.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, yung@cuso4.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@valise.com