Re: SD TV series ending song

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Matt Martin <buford@yggdrasil.dhs.org>
subject Re: SD TV series ending song
date Fri, 2 Jul 1999 22:37:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Hae-Hyuk Lee wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > You're lucky.... I haven't been able to see any more than 1 of the
> > episodes, being in my current possition it's not surprizing, I hardly
> > even get out of the house anymore.... and that's just plain sad. But
> > anyway, is the SD series worth buying? If I had the money I'd buy
> > them
> > anyway just because they're AMG stuff...
>
> AMG is ALWAYS worth buying :)
> Well, IMO you should speak Japanese a little bit better than average ;)
> There are many jokes in the dialogues, not in the animation itself.

Also, it helps if you're somewhat familiar with the four-panel cartoons in
the manga.

One of the episodes I thought was really funny was the "Urudo de PON" TV
show.  When they started reading fan mail most all of it was to
Belldandy... and almost all of it was from Iwata Mitsuo (Gan-chan, the
rat - also happens to be the seiyuu providing his voice).

One of the ones that was not funny (wasn't meant to be) was the "Rainy
Day" episode.  No dialogue at all, it just follows Urd as she travels on a
bleak rainy day on a hat floating in a storm drain.  I thought that was
one that had an emotional feel similar to the regular series.

But yes, it can be *very* funny at times...

            Matt Martin / mmartin3@richmond.edu
Visit the University of Richmond Japanese Anime Club home page:
           http://www.student.richmond.edu/~anime
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
                -- Albert Einstein

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited