Re: Flame-bait AMS topics

from Matt Martin <buford@yggdrasil.dhs.org>
subject Re: Flame-bait AMS topics
date Mon, 7 Jun 1999 02:58:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Sam the man wrote:

> Bob:
>
> > right! We really, *REALLY* need the AMS movie to come out sometime in the
> > current millenium (that seems a reasonable time frame, doesn't it?). Failing
> > that, we could use a controversial topic.
> >
> > Sam, do you still have that list of flame-bait AMS topics handy?

<snip>

> 1. Dark Horse; the sure do suck!

Slow, yes.  Suck, no.

> 2. Bell and Kei's lack of conumation of rapture is soley the fault of
> Skuld.

She plays a part, but I don't think that's the main reason.  Actually, I
think K1 and Bell respect each other's privacy almost to a fault.  And
that is the biggest stepping stone I think they need to get over.

> 3. Kamisama is Belldandy's father, dammit!

Personally I don't think so.

> 4. Kamisama is God. (Touchy one, that.)

Yeah, I'd have to go with that.

> 5. Urd/Skuld/<insert other character here> is actually the main
> character, not Bell and/or Kei.

Right.  Banpei is actually the star of AMG ^_^

> 6. AMS should have a proper ending, not just diverge like western
> comics do.

Yep.  With a big wedding!  You know that's what you want to see...

> 7. Peorth is just misunderstood.

Hmmm... maybe.

> 8. Belldandy is sexier than Urd / Urd is sexier than Belldandy /
> Aoshima is sexier than either of them / etc.

No!  Not Aoshima!  It's Tamiya that deserves that title! ^_~

> 9. Troubadour; he sure does suck!

No, he sucks much worse than that.

> 10. Goddesses cannot die.

Of old age, maybe not.  But I'm sure they can die of other causes, like
sickness or getting killed.  Why else would the Doublet System have been
invented if they couldn't be killed in the first place?  (Also would make
sense for them not to be able to die of old age, given the way the system
works.)

> 11. Belldandy, Urd and Skuld share a common parent so given Urd's
> half demon ancestry, who was/is he/she?

Lina Inverse ^_~

> 12. Banpei is the secret home of the Lord Of Terror.

No, the Lord of Terror lives inside of Mr. Rat. (Gen / Gan / Mitsuo Iwata
/ whatever he calls himself) and makes Mini-Urd's life hell ^_^

> 13. Adventures of the Mini Goddesses; it sure does suck!

Not enough Bell-chan!

> 14. AMS is entirely derived from Norse mythology.

Names, yes.  That's about it.

Looking at other names in the series, I guess you could say that it is
also derived from hobby companies (Hasegawa, Tamiya, etc.)

        Matt Martin / mmartin3@richmond.edu
Visit the University of Richmond Anime Club home page:
       http://www.student.richmond.edu/~anime
I have decided that I am in fact an idiot... After extensive research
and note-taking, I have come to the conclusion that I am an idiot.
                -- Fran Mahoney

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited