Re: Flame-bait AMS topics

to Mail List <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from Dennis Goens <d_goens2@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Flame-bait AMS topics
date Sun, 6 Jun 1999 23:16:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- Sam the man <sbh24@student.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Bob:
>
> > right! We really, *REALLY* need the AMS movie to come out sometime
> in the
> > current millennium (that seems a reasonable time frame, doesn't
> it?). Failing
> > that, we could use a controversial topic.
> >
> > Sam, do you still have that list of flame-bait AMS topics handy?
>
> Smeg, Bobster, I don't know how much of that I can remember!
>
> Firstly, let me remind everyone that not all of the opinions I'll
> list here are mine, many are just common gripes and causes for
> discernment.
>
> OK, let's do this as a group participation event, boys and girls,
> I'll start and you follow, milk and cookies during recess:
>
> 1. Dark Horse; the sure do suck!

Disagree

> 2. Bell and Kei's lack of conumation of rapture is soley the fault of
>
> Skuld.

Mostly Skuld

> 3. Kamisama is Belldandy's father, dammit!

Agree

> 4. Kamisama is God. (Touchy one, that.)

Agree

> 5. Urd/Skuld/<insert other character here> is actually the main
> character, not Bell and/or Kei.

Only in the Mini Goddess series

> 6. AMS should have a proper ending, not just diverge like western
> comics do.

Agree

> 7. Peorth is just misunderstood.

Agree

> 8. Belldandy is sexier than Urd / Urd is sexier than Belldandy /
> Aoshima is sexier than either of them / etc.

Now that's sick, DISAGREE!

> 9. Troubadour; he sure does suck!

Agree

> 10. Goddesses cannot die.

Disagree = Killed & Suiside
agree = Old Age

> 11. Belldandy, Urd and Skuld share a common parent so given Urd's
> half demon ancestry, who was/is he/she?

Agree

Belldandy = Kami-sama/goddess---- who = ???????

Urd = Kami-sama/Demoness?---- who = ??????

Skuld = Kami-sama/goddess?spirit?---- who = ???????

> 12. Banpei is the secret home of the Lord Of Terror.

No opinion, That's a laugh.

> 13. Adventures of the Mini Goddesses; it sure does suck!

Disagree

Goddesses = Good or fair (granted I haven't seen most of them, 1
episode I did see)

> 14. AMS is entirely derived from Norse mythology.

Disagree
Only some elements are Norse, Goddess names, name of the divine
computer system, etc.

> Again, many of the above points are not mine, I'm just listing a few
> common ones which have sprung to mind. OK people, either add to this
> list or disagree with what's presented, your choice.  ^_^
>
> Sam

I'll have my milk and cookies now.

==
Dennis Goens II
D_Goens2@Yahoo.com    Trimax@crosswinds.net
http://www2.crosswinds.net/~Trimax/
ICQ_18341161----Lord GrrDraxin, Master of the Greater Relm

"You don't have to BE crazy to act crazy, but it sure helps!"

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs