Re: megami ML matome okuri

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Christopher Jefferson <major_kusanagi@hotmail.com>
subject Re: megami ML matome okuri
date Mon, 07 Jun 1999 00:02:42 EDT

>From: "Brian Welch" <bwelch@avana.net>
>To: <megami@ML.usagi.org>
>Subject: Re: megami ML matome okuri
>Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 12:09:44 -0400

<snip>

>The problem with any AMS crossover is that other than the wish-gone-awry
>plot device, there are very few that allow any sense of drama.

"Scenes From A Life" was nice in that it simply followed the couple along as
they grew old together, had children, and watched as the two other girls
kept their youthful looks. Rather touching, that.

  Chris got
>around this very neatly by timing his piece during the moonrock bracelet
>time when the goddesses' powers were severely limited.

Well, that was a very limited time. My problem was that at the time I wrote
it, I didn't know that the Moonrock bracelets were a temporary item. Now
that I do, that plot device can't be carried into the sequel, "The Admiral's
Woman". There's also another boner I stumbled into. I didn't know that the
G's weren't mindreaders after they had accomplished their wish fulfillment
duties. But they can feel. At any rate, that's one of the reason's I have to
go and rework the original before I can publish it to the fanfic moderated
group.

  Most fanfics just
>wind up powering down the goddesses to the point where they become almost
>unrecognizable.

See, I stumbled into the moonrocks. It's the only way I thought of to make a
megami weak. Otherwise, Belldandy might have invited all those Navy SEALS in
for tea and riceballs, but she never would have allowed for herself, her
sisters, and her main squeeze to be carted off to Dreamland by a bunch of
guys in black helicopters.

  I often find myself reading chapter 1 and saying "Why
>doesn't Belldandy just turn that big mech into a pretty bouquet of
>flowers?"

Well, if you'll recall, Demon Urd attempts a mecha attack against the
temple. What does Bell do? She "unscrews" the nuts and bolts holding the
mecha together by force of will. Well done! Another example of how easy it
is for mecha to be beaten by megami.

>or something to that effect.  Having fully-powered goddesses challenged by
>anything of mortal contrivance just sticks in my craw, as it were.

But when you can get around it, as I did, you CAN make it work.

Be Seeing You,

Chris

Search field Search string

archive list