Re: megami ML matome okuri

to Andrew Adhi Ariane <hmn71148@indosat.net.id>, megami@ML.usagi.org
from Sam the man <sbh24@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
subject Re: megami ML matome okuri
date Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:53:53 +1100
Firstly dude, you DO realise that this email got sent to me and not
to the mailing list? Just checking.  ^_^

> Agreed! Edge is one of my fav magazines (although I only have one). I saw
> Edge for the first time when I visited England (for the first time also).
> And I thought, "Wow! This Mag is Awesome!". So I bought the mag (I think
> the issue with a big N64 in golden color with black background, just the
> issue after that big pixelated Mario head). Then I run across MAXIMUM. And
> I read that mag. To my surprise, that was their last issue. From what I can
> see, the mag itself weren't so bad. So I just wondering, is the mag still
> outhere??

It's dead unforntunately. Yep I've been reading Brit computer mags,
imported into whatever country I was living in at the time, for as
long as I can remember. They go for substance instead of style and
actually tell you what they think, as opposed to the arse-kissing
information-free American ones. They're also funnier. I think a fair
bit of my British sub-culture knowledge originated in my reading of
British games mags.  ^_^

> I never hated an anime. I love all animes. About Sakura Teisen,... I never
> read (if that's a manga) or watch or even played (if it's a VG title) the
> games. I don't have any idea what is Sakura Teisen is all about.

Sakura Taisen means Sakura Wars and is a sort of ultimate gal game
for the Sega Saturn. It was written by Redsoft, who rock the party,
and one of Red's key members is the man himself, Kosuke Fujishima. He
did the character design and all the principal artwork, which is why
ST, like Taiho Shichauzo, is accepted as On Topic by the Megami ML,
both being Fujishima products and there OK by mass consensus.

The game concerns Oogami, a rising military officer in an alternate
timeline Victorian era steampunk Japan, who's transfered to what
looks by the kanji on the transference form to be a Secret Flower
Attack Squad. When he gets there he is mortified to discover that
said kanji acutally should've been taken for their other reading, and
that he is now an usher for a Japanese classical opera show! The
dissapointed Oogami is consoled by a friendly young girl named Sakura
Shinguji, developing the game's first potential love interest. Then,
that night, an alarm suddenly rings and the opera transforms into the
Secret Flower Attack Squad that the transference form talked about!
Oogami is thrust into a world of steam powered robots and
espionage...

> >Unfortunately (for Westerners) none at all. Reminds me of people in
> >the eighties asking when Super Mario Bros was coming out on the
> >C64...
> >
> Not much different with us Easterner. I don't speak Japanese!

No no, I was referring to the assumption by westerners in the
eighties that all successful games would automatically get ported
over to every system under the sun, and their lack of comprehension
of the continued non-existance of a version of SMB for their machine.

> Oh,.. for the VG wars, sorry for the interuption. Whoops. Sorry. I think
> everubody has his own personal opinion. And this ML isn't the place to
> discuss this. No, I'm not going to drop it off, let's find another place
> just to discuss this matter, oK?? We'll just find another media (ICQ chat,
> Another ML, Message Board, anything as long as it isn't IRC. OOhh,.. how I
> despised IRC -> wasting money). My ICQ number: 18952178 . Contact me if you
> need something.
>
> Okay, see you then.
> Andrew Adhi
>
> NB: I'm sorry to all the people in this ML whose felt being spammed. But I
> just can't helped the temptation for a discussion about VG. To Sam, Art and
> Kenji,... believe me or not, but I once was a great SEGA fans also. To
> Denis, Sorry! Thanx to you all guys, I really have a great time in that

OK I've got nothing actually to SAY about these points, just that you
evidently wanted to say them to the ML at large so I'm including them
in this reply so that people can read them.

Sam

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited