Re: Chroma Cells

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from David Mandalis <dmmanda@ibm.net>
subject Re: Chroma Cells
date Sat, 05 Jun 1999 09:06:24 -0500
A Chroma cell is a copy of one of the original cells sold to collectors on limited
run basis.  You have to look a collecting in the
long term to buy these or just have to have the picture (and can't possibly hope to
afford the original).  Regular cells are are
available but generally only are partial pictures or single characters with no background.

Separate comment:
Backgrounds and characters are generally on a completely separate stages (last time
I looked up to 12), so if you look at individual
cels sometimes you have not a clue to what episode it was from and only part of the
character may show.  Who would want a cel from
some the cartoons where Giraffe Neck is very obvious (Either no body or no head).
That is where one person draws the body (minus
the head) and another draws the head for rough drawings and the inbetweeners only
draw head movements.

Christopher Jefferson wrote:

> Would SOMEONE out there please tell me the difference between a chroma cel
> and a regular cel, please? I know this makes me sound terribly ignorant
> (which is not a hard thing for me to do, btw), but I want to know if chromas
> are worth the candle or are they big time bogus.
>
> My assumption is that cels are what we think they are-real inked and colored
> drawings used in the anime.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited