Re: megami ML matome okuri

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from The Newcomer <DOC13@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
subject Re: megami ML matome okuri
date Thu, 03 Jun 1999 14:17:26 +0000
> At 07:42 AM 6/2/99 +0900, you wrote:
> >Was just reminded by Alan by ICQ... but this morning, in the news, Sega
> >announced it'll drop the price of the dreamcast.... was it under
> >20000yen now...? (does anyone remember, or watched the news more
> >carefully? ^_^;;;)
> I don't know why you're so excited about that. I despised Dreamcast. I
> don't know why it is even exist. Sega shouldn't have launched it in the
> first place. Okay, let's face it. Dreamcast performance isn't really what
> we hoped in the first place. PSX2 or Project Dolphin seems more promising.
> Like always, Sega seems to be hurrying himself to get the machine out and
> gain a quick start. What Sega didn't considered is the performance of the
> machine itself. It is waaay,.. down under PSX2 and Project Dolphin I suppose.
My personal theory is that vidio game companys ALWAYS repeat
themselvesin some way.
In this case, I think it'll be how it's always been, with sega
releasing its machine first, (like the keyboard Sega vs the NES,
(sega later bringing out the (somewhat)  innefectual MS), the
megadrive coming out first, and then the super Famicom, (with the
somewhat innefectual mega cd), and then Sony announcing its place in
the market immediately after the release of the saturn (better than
the MS and MD in overal robustness as a console, but still not the
overall console winner), and then later the n64 takining its
(somewhat belated) place in the superconsole market.
Now, Sega's making the first move -again- with the DC, and sony will
be next out with its machine, and I suspect the Dolphin will be last,
and the most powerfull of the three '2nd gen superconsoles'...
I may be biased, but I suspect the PS2 may do the best....

> >I knew they were doing bad, and look what happens... I hope they stay in
> >business, at least, until Sakura Taisen 3 comes out....
> >
> Sakura Taisen coming out in N64?? Well now,.. that's a big hit for
> Dreamcast (although, I didn't even know what "Sakura Taisen" was all
> about). To be frank, I prefered N64 to Dreamcast. Dreamcast won't hold very
> long. And that price drops,.. well that's just a sign of coming major
> breakdown.
The N was good, but it wasn't quite as good as it should have been
considering the wait it put us through.......
> Andrew Adhi
>
> >Kenji Shimizu

Newcomer

(WOOOOOHOOOOO URUDO!)