Re: Dreamcast, cheap now

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Kenji Shimizu <shimizu@telnet.or.jp>
subject Re: Dreamcast, cheap now
date Thu, 03 Jun 1999 01:56:11 +0900
Andrew Adhi Ariane wrote:

> At 07:42 AM 6/2/99 +0900, you wrote:
> >Was just reminded by Alan by ICQ... but this morning, in the news, Sega
> >announced it'll drop the price of the dreamcast.... was it under
> >20000yen now...? (does anyone remember, or watched the news more
> >carefully? ^_^;;;)
> >
> I don't know why you're so excited about that.

Simple. So that the chances of Sakura Taisen 3 MIGHT increase (character
desgin, by fujishima... if you didn't know, same artist as Megami and
YUA author).

Isn't this enough reason for a Fujishima fan to be excited about????? Of
do you HATE his artwork...??? (then I'd have to ask, what are you doing
on this ML?)

> I despised Dreamcast. I don't know why it is even exist.

So that it won't go out of business.
Try looking at fiscal figures. It might give you further
understanding...
(I'm not taling about Sega's North american figures only, but AS A WHOLE
(world market share, and corporate revenue, etc.)

> Sega shouldn't have launched it in the first place.

And what do you suggest it do? go out of business???
(you might want to re-consider the fact that there are Saturn game fans
in Japan, much more then where you live, probably...)

> Okay, let's face it. Dreamcast performance isn't really what
> we hoped in the first place.

Have you played any games on it yet??? have you compared it with the
other currently availbale systems????  Have you reviewed Sega's history
on relasing hardwares int he past????

> PSX2 or Project Dolphin seems more promising.

no joke.
It better be, since it's comming AFTER Dreamcast.
What kind of a fool would by a system LESS then a Dreamcast??? and what
kind of a company would develop it, if that's the case?

> Like always, Sega seems to be hurrying himself to get the machine out and
> gain a quick start.

If you REALLY know Sega, you'd be intelligent enough to not say the
above statement... it was do or bust for Sega ^_^;;;

> What Sega didn't considered is the performance of the machine itself.
> It is waaay,.. down under PSX2 and Project Dolphin I suppose.

You're asking too much from a weak company ^_^;

> >I knew they were doing bad, and look what happens... I hope they stay in
> >business, at least, until Sakura Taisen 3 comes out....
> >
> Sakura Taisen coming out in N64?? Well now,.. that's a big hit for
> Dreamcast (although, I didn't even know what "Sakura Taisen" was all
> about). To be frank, I prefered N64 to Dreamcast. Dreamcast won't hold very
> long. And that price drops,.. well that's just a sign of coming major
> breakdown.

Well, I don't think most of us would buy Dreamcast nor N64 at this
point, if you were a Gal game fan (old Seag type game fan).....

N64 is for "kids" in this side of the world, by the way....
The world Neo Geo pocket uses for campaigning against Game boy...
"I am NOT Boy". ^_^;;;

If you consider at one time Saturn had about 500 titles out a year,
while PS had 600 a year, and N64 only 10% of that.... you can see how
little the number of software are available for N64...
well, doesn't matter for most North American users anyway, since they
never get to see most of these 1000+games anyway ^_^;;;

(HKG, and other users are a different story ^_^;)

Kenji Shimizu

Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list