Angels [WAS Re: Food of the Gods]

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from Brian Welch <bwelch@avana.net>
subject Angels [WAS Re: Food of the Gods]
date Thu, 6 May 1999 11:25:12 -0400
This message is in MIME format.

-------13034-----Avana-Web-Mail------

Tsukino wrote:

>     Hmm...AMS.. What exactly are the relationship of the godesses and
> angels? Do the angels protect them? Can they talk? Are they related to the
> almighty?

I've wondered a bit about this myself.

From what I can tell, angels are a kind of symbiotic organism.  After all, a
goddess swallows an angel "egg".  They are not related to the almighty or
anyone else as far as I know.  They are a completely separate creature from
goddesses and the like.  They are not a manifestation of will, though the angel
certainly reflects the personality/emotional state of its deity.

Angels appear to be highly dependant upon their goddess for more than just
physical support.  Even Noble Scarlet, for all her willfulness (reflecting
Skuld's disposition, don't you think?), was very upset when Skuld became
angered with her.  Holy Bell, Gorgeous Rose, and World of Elegance are almost
always depicted with the same expression as their goddess, indicating a deep
emotional link.

Besides acting as a constant companion, angels appear to help goddesses cast
powerful spells, perhaps acting as a catalyst.  Maybe they just increase the
"efficiency" of spell casting?  Belldandy hardly ever casts a heavy duty spell
any more without calling forth Holy Bell.

Just some thoughts.  Anyone want to comment on this?

>     I haven't been able to read any recent manga...have there been anymore
> Urd stories since the angel-demon thing? And does anyone have CD info and
> track listings for the TV series?

There have only been 2 chapters released by DH since the God/Devil Urd episode
ended.  In the original manga, the next Urd story is in Chapter 75, with that
wierd octopus-looking demon thing.  Then, we meet Urd's angel in Chapter 89.
DH is currently on Ch 66, by the way, so don't hold your breath for the
translation.

Brian W.

-------13034-----Avana-Web-Mail--------

Search field Search string