Re: Yggdrasil system

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from Brian Welch <bwelch@avana.net>
subject Re: Yggdrasil system
date Thu, 6 May 1999 10:26:11 -0400
This message is in MIME format.

-------11433-----Avana-Web-Mail------

Art wrote:

<<SNIP>>

> Belldandy is some sort of antenna for Yggdrasil (see the
> first issue),

Well, she was for about 15 minutes in Chapter 1.  After the contract was
established, her role as antenna and her ability to read minds disappeared
(something a lot of fanfic authors seem to forget, by the way).  She can still
read emotional states, but not thoughts.

> Belldandy transfers contracts by a beam of light and all
> goddesses travel by a different medium (like water, mirrors and TV sets),

Well, Peorth returns to Heaven in Volume 11 by simply fading out.  I seem to
remember it being described as some kind of "space sliding technique".  Sounds
a lot like space folding.  I suppose there wasn't a camera handy in the
clubhouse.  Also, the whole medium thing is more a matter of convenience than
necessity.  Urd seems to travel through whatever she wants to (TVs, camera
lenses, walls, water...)

> what would Yggdrasil be made of then?

Ash wood, of course!  ^_-
Actually, the pics of what is probably Yggdrasil in Volume 17? 18? show a tall,
spire-shaped building of sorts with lots of intricate stuff floating around it.

> Could this be the first biological computer system?

It certainly was biological in Norse mythology!  In AMS, though, Yggdrasil
appears to be a construct.  Not much biological-looking stuff.

Brian W.

-------11433-----Avana-Web-Mail--------

Search field Search string

archive list