Re: Sakura Wars

from Matt Martin <buford@yggdrasil.dhs.org>
subject Re: Sakura Wars
date Wed, 5 May 1999 17:44:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 5 May 1999, David Mandalis wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just watched the Vol of Sakura Wars.  I could not find it subbed so I
> picked up the dubbed version.  I thought the art work was excellent, but
> the voice acting seemed erratic.  Any other comments?

I haven't seen the dubbed version myself, but I've heard it was done well.
As for the subbed, I can't comment on the Chinese or French, but the
English sounded a little forced.  I'm assuming that this is because
wanting to make sure the lines were pronounced correctly was more
important than the delivery.

Oh, and I *really* liked the artwork.  One of my friends (who didn't know
anything about it other than there was a girl named Sakura in it) said
that he thought it was confusing even though it looked really good.
Trying to cover the characters' backstories by moving back and forth
between each of them and moving so fast through the years was what really
threw him off.

I'm waiting for the rest of it myself.

        Matt Martin / mmartin3@richmond.edu
Visit the University of Richmond Anime Club home page:
       http://www.student.richmond.edu/~anime
"Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around,
I'd rather lie around.  No contest."
                -- Eric Clapton

Search field Search string

archive list