Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Kenji Shimizu <shimizu@telnet.or.jp>
subject Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?
date Fri, 09 Apr 1999 09:44:44 +0900
weizhi@pacific.net.sg wrote:

> >The ML can go on ranting on the virtues of the different quality available
> >on the different media, they MUST also understand that in Singapore, for
> >those who _really_ want to buy legal anime videos, it is very expensive and
> >hard to get our hands on LDs or the tapes.
>
> As a matter of fact , at least 90% of the Anime available here are illegal
> but contains approval from the censorship board. What do you expect anime
> love here to do ? Pay a few hundred bucks and hope onto a plane just to get

Why not? Sing<->TKO flights are darn cheap.... (comapred to while ago)
besides, some of your fellow countrymen are here in Tokyo once or twice
a year for such trips ^_^;

not only anime LDs, but games, (oh yeah... the dreamcast is also
slipping in price a bit... most stores sells it for 29800yen ($280 US or
so?), but few sells it for 25000yen (about $240US?)or so.... getting a
bit cheaper in price)
You can also get manga, doujinshi, and so on... 9and POC games, anime
goods, and tons of stuff... sooner or later, you'll start to compalin
about not enough space in your room to store these things...)

Saw the house of the Dead 2 (with gun controller) for 7000yen ($60+
US)the other day (for dream cast)

> a few VHS on anime ? You see , we don't really have a choice here.

...get LD instead of VHS. the price is the same here... (VHS might even
cost more then LDs, actually...)
 Right now, the first press AMg LD is still around too, and the price
wasn't that bad either....

> ( Keep in mind that anime lover still burns their pocket in buying VCD here)

again, that only sounds like a selfish comment to some people who
economically supports the artists... getting VCD and saving money for
their own enjoyment, while driving artists out of business.

> >Okay, this part drives me nuts. Did weizhi@pacific.net.sg watch the AMG VCD
> >in a tiny window screen on the computer? Or did he sit _too_ far away from a
> >large screen television? I gripe about picture quality on VCD-formats, and
> >this weizhi@pacific.net.sg says it's of the same quality... I think I'll
> >finance the eye check-up, old boy.
>
> Please ... i am holding on to a 48" TV and another projector TV. As for my
> Monitor , Will a 21" one do ? :) Maybe i ought to go for a checkup though

a nice sound system to compare the sound quality will also be nice...

Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited