Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Kenji Shimizu <shimizu@telnet.or.jp>
subject Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?
date Fri, 09 Apr 1999 08:59:37 +0900
'CuSO4' Yung wrote:

> Hope the ML do not mind these noise, as it is pretty quiet now-a-days.
> Please send private email to me if you think I should stop this topic
> in the ML.  Thanks.

Why stop? As I already told Hitoshi last week, I'm actually starting to
have fun ^_^;;;
(he didn't seem to care... so far ^_^;)

> > From: weizhi@pacific.net.sg <weizhi@pacific.net.sg>
> >Do you happen to know that some companies in S.E Asia bought copyrights
> >from the respective anime producer to mass produce their products in VCD
> >format ? please bear in mind that not ALL VCD found here are pirated.

Yeah. I've already mentioned that. (reffer to old post)
I've also pointed out, that pirated EASILY (I mean, easily) out-numbers
official anime VCD.... (makes the official anime VCD look like nothing,
compared to the number of pirated titles....)

You can actaully spend all day wandering all over HKG, and other place,
finding all your favorite anime pirated ^_^;;;

> True, but still pirated anime VCDs is much more than licensed ones.

CuSO4's pointing out a good thing ^_^

> help
> >If they are not making money , why grant the copyright ^_^
>
> The keyword is "main".  Non-Japanese sales only amounts to a tiny fraction
> of the income.  They grant the copyright because some non-Japanese company
> are willing to pay them, and no effort is needed from the anime production
> house / distributor.

to add to that, once it's out on official licence, they HOPE to get rid
of the pirate (which seems to be not a effective....) appears to be more
effective strategy in North America then SE Asia...

Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited