Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <chyung@hknet.com>
subject Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?
date Mon, 5 Apr 1999 00:56:47 +0800
Hope the ML do not mind these noise, as it is pretty quiet now-a-days.
Please send private email to me if you think I should stop this topic
in the ML.  Thanks.

> From: weizhi@pacific.net.sg <weizhi@pacific.net.sg>
>Do you happen to know that some companies in S.E Asia bought copyrights
>from the respective anime producer to mass produce their products in VCD
>format ? please bear in mind that not ALL VCD found here are pirated.

True, but still pirated anime VCDs is much more than licensed ones.

>>> Kenji's point is that VCD is NOT the main source of income of the anime
>>> production house or the distribution company.  Buying VHS/LD/DVD can
help
>>> them, but not VCD.
>If they are not making money , why grant the copyright ^_^

The keyword is "main".  Non-Japanese sales only amounts to a tiny fraction
of the income.  They grant the copyright because some non-Japanese company
are willing to pay them, and no effort is needed from the anime production
house / distributor.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, yung@cuso4.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@valise.com