Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <chyung@hknet.com>
subject Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?
date Mon, 5 Apr 1999 00:52:04 +0800
> From: weizhi@pacific.net.sg <weizhi@pacific.net.sg>
>CuSO4 wrote:

>>Mass production of normal VCD should come in silver color, or sometimes
>>gold.
>>All those green, blue, and greenish blue are CD-R, which cost much higher
>>than mass production VCD.
>
>If you think that is the case , you are very wrong .... green VCD actually
>cost less than a silver vcd here :)

I am talking about the cost of manufacturing, not the selling price.
The cost of pressing a silver VCD with or without data is around USD 0.5,
while a blank CD-R is around USD 0.75.  For CD-R, you will need to burn
data to the disk with extra cost.

Maybe the CD-R you get is made in Singapore, and those silver VCD is
imported, hence the price difference.

>>LD is only 2 years before VCD ?  I thought Singapore is well advance
>>in AV market.
>Oppss i think you misunderstood my comment. What i mean is that LD was real
>popular about 2 years before vcd beecame popular . As for when LD is first
>introduced to singapore , i am not too sure. Well it should be many years
>back i presume.

My question still stand.  LD is popular only 2 years before VCD ?
In Hong Kong, LD is around 7 years before VCD.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, yung@cuso4.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@valise.com

Search field Search string