Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from weizhi@pacific.net.sg
subject Re: [Noise] Re: AMG VCD?
date Sun, 04 Apr 1999 15:19:54 +0800
At 11:16 AM 04-04-99 +0800, you wrote:

> [...]

Hey , aren't you degrading us ^_^ . The fact is that these players are so
common here that there isn't any need to boast about it :)

>The ML can go on ranting on the virtues of the different quality available
>on the different media, they MUST also understand that in Singapore, for
>those who _really_ want to buy legal anime videos, it is very expensive and
>hard to get our hands on LDs or the tapes.

As a matter of fact , at least 90% of the Anime available here are illegal
but contains approval from the censorship board. What do you expect anime
love here to do ? Pay a few hundred bucks and hope onto a plane just to get
a few VHS on anime ? You see , we don't really have a choice here. ( Keep
in mind that anime lover still burns their pocket in buying VCD here)

>The ML must also understand the prevailing weather conditions in Asian
>countries - especially South-East Asia. Here in Singapore, our weather is
>extremely humid. I doubt I would invest in tapes if I know that it would get
>mouldy in a matter of weeks. Sure, I could buy a special chamber to put my
>tapes in - what's the set-up costs like, dear friends? We must all
>understand
>that finances are a total stranglehold on all our anime fetishes.

Yup , on a general basis ,  a fungus etc can be found on a VHS if one does
not use it for around 4-6 months.

>Unfortunately, we are advanced in the AV market... we have the equipment,
>but most of us *sigh* do not know how to use it. Yeah, yeah, laugh all you
>want... some Singaporeans don't bother to read manuals too, you know. And
>you know how it is, technical support gets hell day after day.

AGREED !

>Okay, this part drives me nuts. Did weizhi@pacific.net.sg watch the AMG VCD
>in a tiny window screen on the computer? Or did he sit _too_ far away from a
>large screen television? I gripe about picture quality on VCD-formats, and
>this weizhi@pacific.net.sg says it's of the same quality... I think I'll
>finance the eye check-up, old boy.

Please ... i am holding on to a 48" TV and another projector TV. As for my
Monitor , Will a 21" one do ? :) Maybe i ought to go for a checkup though

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs