Re: AMG VCD?

to megami@ML.usagi.org
from Kenji Shimizu <shimizu@telnet.or.jp>
subject Re: AMG VCD?
date Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:38:39 +0900
Cary H. Chao wrote:

> One thing about VCDs compared to tapes is that VCD has a longer
> lifespan. If you look at the tapes being rented on a regular basis, it
> wouldn't last long whereas VCDs... well, think about how long an audio
> CD lasts. I have a CD from 1986 and it's still ticking fine :=3D)

Same with LD and DVD.
(I have yet to meet a big fan who collects everything with VCD, instead
of LD or DVD... ^_^;)

> So if you are looking at a rental business where the customers' demand
> for picture quality isn't like the rest of us who demands LD/DVD
> quality, VCD is the way to go...

I've yet to to see a VCD rental business in my country..... Never heard
of it... 9at least, officially)

Well, I guess if we're strictly talking about AMG stuff, might as well
buy it (and support the creators), it's only 5 episodes... it's not like
50+ episodes (collecting the Nadeshiko full set LD was a pain.... and
it's not even 40 episodes, I think.)

> NB: Video CD 2.0 format has greatly improved the picture quality... but
> still not comparable to LD/DVD/Tape/SVHS/Hi8 and etc.

Anyone heard of someone making audio visual on DD drives yet?

Kenji Shimizu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited