Re: Some Unholy noise!

to megami@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Crystal Wing <wwong8@calstatela.edu>
subject Re: Some Unholy noise!
date Mar 02, 1995 11:47:48

Thanks for the info, tried NJSTAR already, but I was actually wondering if
anyone knew of a web/telnet/ftp/netscape/mosaic/or dos/windows utils/progs
that could filter and translate jis/euc/sjis related codes on the network.

Well, thanks and I'll keep searching and minimize this noise! :)

>>  shrine, I had bunches of strange junk letters come up.  I know that this
is

>>  actually JIS or EUC or other such coding, but I`d like to see them in the
>>  kana format instead of junky char format.
>you can get japanese editors at ftp site oak.oakland.edu
>
>in directory Simtel/msdos/textutil/,
>the files are called njj* ( the decompressed editor
>is njstar, it's shareware, and quite expensive if
>you choose to keep it, but it's the only one I've tried )
>it _may_ be in directory editor instead, I'm not sure ...
>
>there is also jwp* in in directory /Simtel/msdos/editor/,
>but I haven't FTPed it yet so I don't know what it's worth.
>
>in Directory SimTel/msdos/textutil/,
>kanji20.zip   B  189365  901229  Display Japanese Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana
>ktype.zip     B  174774  901028  Viewer for Japanese text files (CGA/EGA
req.)

>jdic23.zip    B  137441  940227  Japanese<->English dictionary (needs
edct9401

>jis16.zip     B  138092  940227  JIS Kanji 16x16 font files (used by JDIC)
>kinfo23.zip   B  422270  940227  Japanese Kanji Info file (used by JDIC)
>kjdc9308.zip  B  330773  940227  KANJIDIC: Japanese Kanji dictionary
>same remark as above, I don't know those.
>
>I do hope you have a PC, else the above information will do you little
>good, but oak.oakland.edu has programs for other platforms, so maybe
>you'll find something if you browse a bit.
>good luck.
>
>Frederic Hugot
>E-Mail at hugot@lannion.cnet.fr
>
>Disclaimer : neither me nor the CNET are linked in any way to
>the ftp site or programs aforementionned, except I've tried
>njstar last summer and thought it nice ( but too expensive
>for my meager needs :)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited