Urd's Cooking (WAS Re: megami ML matome okuri)

to <megami@ML.usagi.org>
from <bwelch@avana.net>
subject Urd's Cooking (WAS Re: megami ML matome okuri)
date Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:42:45 -0500
This message is in MIME format.

-------26686-----Avana-Web-Mail------

Chris Jefferson wrote:

> And you know what happens to FedEx people who run behind schedule! Read
> Harlan Ellison's "Ticktockman" as a reference.

Repent, Harlequin!  ^_^

On a different note, as long as we have nothing of earth-shattering import to
talk about on the ML, I'd like to respond to that slanderous posting about
surviving the Urds potion taste-testing booth. ^_^ No offence, but survival is
only a consideration if K1, Skuld or Peorth are working the booth at the time,
or if Tamiya is the one doing the taste testing, since he would probably
consume the entire booth! ^_^  The common notion that Urds potions (when
created and dispensed by her) dont work as intended is, with only one partial
exception early in the manga, completely and utterly false.  Urd may have a
multitude of faults, but competence with magic potions is not one of them!
Give the lady a break.  If you want to talk about making mistakes with potions,
talk about K1, Tamiya, Skuld, or Peorth, but please dont talk about Urd.  As
for Belldandy, she would never work the booth because she, at least, is
sensible enough to know better than to mess with things beyond her range of
experience.

While Im on this soapbox, where does the idea come from that Urd cant cook?
Can anyone cite a single instance where someone has not liked the taste of
something Urd has created?  Sure, there was that lunch box that K1 described as
full of crickets and who knows what else, but do we know it didnt taste
wonderful?  Nope.  Urds chocolate valentine, while spiked just as K1 expected,
certainly looked and tasted like the real thing.  Furthermore, Belldandy was
eager to try out Urds new "popcorn" which Skuld had messed with.  If a better-
than-five-star chef like Belldandy likes Urds cooking, then why do people say
that Urd cant cook?  I may be forgetting some incident, but to the best of my
recollection Urds deficiencies in the kitchen are in the patience and maybe
the presentation (which is of course completely subjective - remember when you
first learned about sushi or calamare?  Sorry, but I can't think of a culinary
equivalent for Japanese members of the ML.) departments, but not in the taste
department.

And dont forget, theres one kind of cooking (not including potions) at which
Urd is definitely better than Belldandy!

Brian Welch

-------26686-----Avana-Web-Mail--------

Search field Search string

archive list