Personalities (WAS Re: megami ML matome okuri)

to <megami@ml.usagi.org>
from Brian Welch <bwelch@avana.net>
subject Personalities (WAS Re: megami ML matome okuri)
date Mon, 5 Oct 1998 09:52:29 -0400
This message is in MIME format.

-------7228-----Avana-Web-Mail------

The Newcomer wrote:

> > 1.) I - Introverted   or     E - Extraverted
> > 2.) N - iNtuitive     or     S - Sensing
> > 3.) T - Thinking      or     F - Feeling
> > 4.) P - Perceiving    or     J - Judging
> >
> > I myself am an INTP.  Keiichi is probably an ISTP.
> > But as for the Goddesses, here's my take on it:
> >
> > Belldandy: ISFJ
> > Urd:       ESFJ
> > Skuld:     INTJ
> >
> Personally I really don't like sticking people into psychological "boxes".
> It's what psychologists do, to dehumanise people (IMO) and analise them
> like any other peice of machinery.
> "Oh yes. He/She will react in this way, because he's an X group person."

If you regard personality typing as one of many tools for looking at yourself,
though, it can be useful.  I, for instance, am an ENTP, which explains why I
never felt comfortable in the Army (too much anarchy in my heart), though as a
Lieutenant I had this strange talent for impressing 4-star generals during
briefings.  As Richard Feynman's (my favorite fellow ENTP) wife once told him,
"What do you care what other people think?"  Getting back to typing, though, as
long as you regard it as an imperfect, though useful tool you may get some good
out of it.  If it doesn't work for you, then ignore it.  If someone wants to
try and predict what I may or may not do in a situation, bully for them.  I am
free to accept or ignore them and their input as I see fit.  To drop a highly
paraphrased quote, Mark Twain once said "Your friends will like you no matter
what, and your enemies will hate you no matter what, so don't worry about it."

To bring this back on topic, I generally agree with the types for Belldandy and
Skuld, and even Keiichi.  Urd seems a little careless for an SJ Guardian,
though the rest of the profile fits well.  Maybe her recklessness comes from
her demon half which would be interesting to type, but I don't think we have
enough info.  I think I'll take a look at what pigeonhole Urd fits best in,
though I'm afraid she may defy categorization by the Meyers-Briggs system.

Brian Welch

-------7228-----Avana-Web-Mail--------

Search field Search string

archive list